Keep meaning to do these “Recently In…” posts on a more regular basis. One day I’ll actually get around to that ;)
In the meantime, I’m heading to San Francisco in two weeks, and then Honolulu and the Big Island a few weeks later…been craving malassadas and coco puffs like crazy. Left to right, top to bottom:
1. An impromptu lunch with Robyn at 456 Shanghai Cuisine. Soup dumplings, scallion pancakes, and a dish of sautéed tofu ribbons, pickled vegetables, and soy beans.
2. On the left, ube milkshake! On the right, avocado milkshake! Monday, 6pm with D at Jeepney. Doesn’t comes close to my all-time favorite avocado milkshake, but not bad.
3. I love everything avocado…including avocado toast! This one from Toby’s Estate in Brooklyn is topped with toasted black sesame seeds and a drizzle of tahini.
4. Hot lattes for that one cold night we had this week. This is currently my favorite drink (so hard to pick just one) at Press Tea, a warm Caramel-Rooibos Latte.
5. I did a Murray’s Cheese class with the Vimbly folks the other week. Nothing like starting the morning with prosecco and a refresher on the cheese basics. My favorite from the session? Chiriboga Blue!
6. Always end up with a cup (or two) of banana pudding whenever I’m near Magnolia Bakery in the West Village…
7. …and when I’m in the East Village, I get my banana pudding fix from Puddin’ on St. Marks. The mini has layers of graham cracker crumbs, banana cake, banana pudding, and lots of whipped cream.
8. More avocado toast? Yes. Cafe Gitane does one with plenty of lemon juice, sea salt, and red pepper flakes.
9. Friday afternoon at Corkbuzz with Matt. A blind tasting of whites followed by rosé and riesling…we need to do this more often ^_^