Here’s a peek at the limited run of The Pan Afternoon Tea served at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park. They property just renovated The Rosebery so it’s feeling extra fresh in there. How pretty is this arrangement?
A late afternoon tea for two. Best way to spend a Saturday in the city…
…the tea menu is extensive. It’s split into two sections: fine tea and rare & limited teas. We tasted through most of the menu before settling on sugarcane black and nokcha.
Everything comes out at the same time except for scones (because you always want those warm). Sandwiches include:
- Slow-roasted organic chicken and buttered corn
- Smoked salmon tartar with crème fraîche and dill
- Cotswold egg and mustard cress
- Cucumber and cream cheese
- Portland crab and crayfish with asparagus on nori bread
- Wiltshire cured ham and heritage tomatoes
With the exception of the crab and crayfish, all sandwiches were presented as a single slice of bread rolled and pressed/pinched at the ends. I kind of love it.
- Black Velvet Cake (Chocolate and Ginger)
- The Jolly Rodger (Pineapple and Coconut)
And then come the scones. Warm, half plain and the other half with golden raisins. Served with Devonshire…
…lemon curd, strawberry jam, and rose petal jelly.
A collection of sweets. From left to right…
Blackbeard’s Cannonball: milk chocolate mousse with caramelized banana
Mermaid Macaron filled with vanilla yogurt ganache
In the Clouds:blackberry, lemon and vanilla entremet
Imagination Pie: strawberry mousse and clotted cream crémeux
The Pan Charm: green tea custard stuffed into a lemon choux bun. Till next time ^-^