…and when that happens…I am happy for days. Such was the case at the newly opened Ritz-Carlton Kyoto ^-^
The property collaborated with Pierre Hermé for their classic tea set (when hotels do afternoon tea collaborations, it’s usually a limited edition run). There’s also a Pierre Hermé boutique in the property, so you can count on a fresh selection of sweets.
- Momijigari | black tea with apples, apricots, and autumn leaves
- Moonlight Osmanthus | black tea with osmanthus
- Chestnut | green tea and chestnuts
- El Nino | black tea and chocolate
We had the Moonlight Osmanthus (detailed post on osmanthus soon!) and Chestnut tea…both so full-flavored and delicate.
They did a number of Pierre Hermé signatures in miniature:
- Ibiza | pistachio dacquoise biscuit, orange mascarpone cream, orange marmalade, praline mousse, and nougatine
- Plaisir Sucré | hazelnut dacquoise biscuit, praline crisps, milk chocolate ganache and chantilly
- Ispahan | rose macaron, rose petal cream, raspberries, and lychee