…and ginger sodas from Pacifikool. They have a new concoction with serrano peppers!
2. Bread pudding from Kaka’ako Kitchen is still a winner. Super custardy with crème anglaise on the side. Take home, warm up (microwave is ok) and then pour it all on.
3. Breakfast at Diamond Head Market & Grill. A loco moco for dad…
…and Portuguese sausage, eggs, and rice for myself. Like that they give cornbread on the side.
4. Family dinner at Legend’s. One crab steamed and another cooked in a curry broth with vermicelli.
5. Dinner at Himalayan Kitchen one night (we love momos!)…
6. …and Chutney the following night. Mom has a soft spot for the completely inauthentic, but decidedly addictive cheese naan.
7. A new smoothie blend at Lanikai Juice! The Green Goddess has kale, spinach, pineapple, carrot juice, banana, honey, and soymilk.
8. Takeout from Gina’s, our go-to Korean plate lunch spot. We usually get the combo plate but I was in a bbq chicken mood (so juicy, dark meat thigh only). Long rice, kim cheese, and taegu.
9. Lunch at Tenkaippin Ramen. Marie and Trisha went with the signature Kotteri ramen..
…while I had the black garlic tonkotsu ramen…
..and a side of gyoza.
10. Last but not least…local papayas (these are from Kahuku) are the best!!