1. A quiet afternoon at Il Buco Alimentari & Vineria. I come often for weekend lunch, but there’s something so nice about a quiet weekday afternoon. Whatever you do, don’t skip the
2. Never underestimate the power of a good candle. I usually have a candle burning on my desk in the evening. Right now it’s
from Jason Wu, a base of white orchids rounded out with Asian pears, goji berries, pomegranate, and pink pepper.
3. It’s a 10-minute walk from the apartment to my daily wine class at the ICC. My morning routine often includes a stop at Balthazar Bakery for croissants,
, and that oh-so buttery
4. I make
by the dozen. Black tea, shoyu, dried mandarin peel, brown sugar, star anise, Sichuan peppercorns and hours of simmering on the stove. So easy, so rewarding. Going to turn the next batch into
marbled tea eggs.
5. I’m gradually making my way through the classic scents by Atelier Cologne. For rainy (and super cold) days, I reach for
. It’s haunting, mysterious with oolong tea and bergamot as the key notes. It also edges on the masculine side with smoke and leather. Totally up my alley…
they have a
6. A steaming mug of hot chocolate is my go-to order at La Colombe. I love that it comes unsweetened. It’s almost bitter, but still creamy and intense. I add two little sticks of sugar: one white and one brown ^_^