I’m back in Honolulu for the month. Early to bed and early to rise. Simple dresses and light scarves. Dinner at grandma’s and lunch with mom and dad. It’s kind of nice being in paradise. Today, afternoon tea for two with Dara ^-^
We’re at the Moana Surfrider, 3pm on a Friday afternoon. This was the first place I ever had afternoon tea (in elementary school) so the memories go far back. The service format is classic but the sweets and savories change often enough to warrant a visit each quarter. Take a look at the Moana Surfrider Afternoon Tea service from 2010 to 2013 and 2014. Now we have 2016.
Tea takes place inside the Veranda at the Beachhouse.
There are three types of tea services:
- Veranda Tea – the standard afternoon tea service
- Moana Classic Tea – the standard with extra savories and sweets (including the not to miss chocolate pot de crème)
- First Lady Tea – the standard plus berries/crème fraîche/brown sugar and sparklng dry rosé
I alternate between the Moana Classic and First Lady…can’t go wrong either way.
- Moana Sunset
- Moana Royale
- Veranda Breeze
- Mango Mele
- Jasmine Phoenix Pearls
- Lemon Rooibos
- Ahi hummus, green beans and cherry tomatoes, rosemary-olive tart shell
- Thai-style lobster roll
- Salmon mousse and cucumber, sea asparagus and ikura, puff pastry
- Duck prosciutto, hoisin, cranberry jam, watercress, wonton chip
- Chocolate pot de crème
- Caramel butter cookie
- Japanese cheesecake
- Pistachio ladybug tart
- Haupia roll cake (my favorite item on this plate)
- Lemon macaron