…books! It’s tradition.
Before going on any trip, I stop at Strand to stock up on books. Tuck a book in my purse, another two in my carry-on. They take up so much suitcase space, but I usually give the books away (friends, relatives, even strangers I meet along the way) so that I can use the suitcase space for new treasures. I buy used copies from Strand, that way I don’t feel too guilty about parting with them.
A Year in Provence.
From left to right:
- A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle
- Acquired Tastes by Peter Mayle
- Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson
- Markets of Paris by Dixon Long
- Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
- The Table Comes First by Adam Gopnik
P.S. Also spotted this limited edition Moleskine Le Petit Prince box at Strand…so tempted to get it. Should I go for it or pass?