This photo was taken on Sunday night, 10pm.
A bbq hosted by one of Pierre’s French friends. We had just finished the savory portion of dinner and everyone was taking turns bringing empty dishes and wineglasses upstairs. Four couples (I was the only non-French speaker) and three babies.
A simple dinner where everything was so elegant and thoughtful.
You know how people always talk about the French and joie de vivre? Exactly that.
A few notes:
- plenty of champagne and rosé, no beer
- proper white tableclothes
- tapered candles with silver candleholders to match
- that sort of dreamy French music I could listen to all day
- savory: arugula and pine nut salad, a good baguette
- n the grill: ribs, steak, and chicken (dark meat only). served on a platter, family style with two sauces. the chimichurri was my favorite.
- sweet: individual apple cobblers and vanilla ice cream
- and plenty of whiskey and port till midnight
I hope to be that good of a host one day ^_^