A quick overnight jaunt to the Hamptons with Lisa and Maggie, and five edible stops. Hope your week is off to a good start.
1. Water Mill Cupcake Company, where the Carrot Cupcake and…
….Devil’s Food Cupcake with Espresso Buttercream were quickly deemed favorites.
Will be back for the whoopie pies.
2. Southampton Publick House for dinner and beer.
3. Hampton Coffee Company, iced coffee absolutely necessary for the long drive.
4. Tate’s Bake Shop for those beloved, crunchy-all-the-way-through cookies…
….cream cheese brownie squares and….
…dreamy walnut-studded apple cakes.
5. And finally, Taqueria Mexico which is decidedly not in the Hamptons, but easily the most memorable dining visit on this list.
It’s located in the somewhat dodgy town of Riverhead, a short 15-minutes drive from Southampton, and the tamales are stupendous. They do it with mole poblano or salsa verde, and the best thing to do is get both…
…and then finish with a pair of beef tongue tacos.
Don’t forget guacamole and chips ;)