Am heading to Hong Kong tomorrow, but just wanted to leave you with four great prix-fixe meals I’ve had recently. These are all lunch prix-fixe deals, and with the exception of Del Posto and SHO Shaun Hergatt, the deals are also offered on the weekends. The weekend thing is a big plus for Pierre because he can’t take off for weekday lunches…but for those who can break for an hour or two (doctor’s appt? ;), do take advantage of the excellent deals.
I. $29 three-course lunch at Del Posto
- One of all-time favorite prix-fixe lunch deals in the city. Reservations required.
- Appetizer, entree, and dessert. With amuse, palate cleanser, and mignardise parade.
- Keep an eye out for: chocolate ricotta tortino, insalata primavera della terra with ricotta dressing, and garganelli verdi al ragu bolognese.
II. $39 three-course Greenmarket lunch or $29 three-course lunch (non-Greenmarket) at Tocqueville
- Greenmarket menu changes weekly.
- Appetizer, entree, and dessert. One option for each course for the Greenmarket menu. Multiple options for the regular prix fixe. Amuse bouche for both.
- Option to add a local cheese course for $12 for the Greenmarket menu.
- Sample dishes from the Greenmarket menu: tri-star strawberry soup, fried green tomatoes with housemade ricotta, dover sole and warm potatoes with capers.
- Menu (note: not currently updated, call for details).
III. $55 five-course lunch at Bouley
- App, first entree, second entree, palate cleanser, dessert. Amuse and mignardise.
- If you get seated in the downstairs room, asked to be move to the upstairs/main room…completely changes the dining experience (for the better).
- Guests are sent home with lemon pound cake, perfect for breakfast the next day.
- Keep an eye out for: porcini flan with Alaska live dungeness crab and black truffle dashi, black cod marinated with pistachio miso.
- No menu online, though there’s a helpful thread on Chowhound on lunch at Bouley
IV. $33 three-course or $27 two-course lunch at SHO Shaun Hergatt
- Appetizer, entree, and dessert. Pick appetizer or dessert for the two-course option.
- Satur farms potatoes, ramp crème, goat cheese agnolotti, and Berkshire pork belly.
- Love the tables that look into the all-glass open kitchen.