…from the past week
1. Cherries, blueberries, and strawberries at the Greenmarket! I bought a pint of each and left them in my office fridge…a sweet start to each day.
Greg’s Banana Gelato and Pear Sorbet
2. Loooots of 4th of July gelato with Robyn, Zubair, Diana, Greg, Lee Anne, and Chris. Where at? Why of course, the only gelato shop that counts: L’arte del Gelato ^_^
Zubair and I shared the biggest size in a waffle cone with mint gelato, mango sorbet, and lilikoi sorbet.
Robyn had an especially lush looking serving of gianduja gelato and pear sorbet.
3. On Tuesday evening, Zubair and I went to the first baseball game of our lives at Citi Field.
We were invited as part of a Jacques Torres and pre-Atlantic City Food & Wine Festival event held at the Caesars Club, followed by the game.
A live and personal demo by Jacques Torres + chocolates + chocolate chip cookies + baseball game?
Definitely more exciting than my typical Tuesday night!
4. Brunch at Cafe Angelique…
…where it’s perfectly acceptable to share a blueberry tart…
…and a smoked salmon bagel stick for breakfast.
And don’t forget the iced chai latte!
We had dinner here a few weeks ago…chicken liver toast, ricotta gnudi, and the buger with those wonderful fries…excellent as always.
Our early dinner/meeting stop at Doma was my first to this cafe, home of Robyn’s favourite TMB panini. I was looking for something on the lighter end, and for the first time in…a year perhaps…ordered a salad! Above is the Endive Salad With Pears: grilled endive, haricots verts, red wine poached pears, toasted walnuts and Stilton cheese. Not exactly a “healthy” salad, but a satisfying one at that, minus the extra bitter endives.
Zubair had an iced chai latte, along with…
…the Smoked Bluefish Pate, served with carrots, marinated cucumbers, and baguette…
…whiles Jess had the Artichoke Sandwich, comprised of marinated artichokes, lemon-basil aioli, mozzarella and tomatoes, served open-faced on Balthazar bread.
6. Weekend cooking! Lots of simple dishes such as tagliatelle pasta with balsamic browned butter and hot italian sausage (from Faccio’s), and…
…basil-pesto ravioli (from Murray’s Cheese), balsamic browned butter, and grated white cheddar.
7. Zubair’s first taste of dragonfruit ^_^
8. And one bazillion thanks to Robyn for trucking over a huge slab of my very favourite carrot cake in the entire world. ENTIRE world. I kid you not.
Does this look familiar? It should! The cake comes via M&I International Market in Brighton Beach.
L’Arte del Gelato
75 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10011
68 Bleecker Street
New York, NY 10012
The Spotted Pig
314 W 11th Street
NY, NY 10014
510 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
17 Perry Street
New York, NY 10014
M&I International Foods
249 Brighton Beach Ave.
Brooklyn, NY 11235