Three favourites from tonight’s event:
1. Peaches Market: Barbecued Beef Shortribs, Anson Mills Grits and Joint Smoke
2. Dirt Candy: Portobello Mousse with Pear Fennel Compote
3. No. 7: Vanilla Pudding with Miso Bananas and Homemade Vanilla Wafers. Pastry Chef Amanda Clarke is awesome!
A few notes and other dishes worth noting:
1. Momofuku Milk Bar was the first to run out (of cookies). Not surprising ^_^
2. The recently opened Baoguette (see Ed’s review here) had the longest line from the beginning of the night till the end.
3. I was excited to see Queen of Sheba at the event. They do the best rendition of Menchet Abesh Wot in the city.
4. The bomboloni (jelly, chocolate, cream) from Motorino’s were a world apart (in a not-so-good way) from the ones Eric and I ate at the restaurant just two weeks ago.
5. My mouth was on fire by the end of the night – there was so much spicy food! Cabrito clearly thought ahead of time and paired their Jalapeno Rellenos (Roasted Jalapenos Stuffed with Pollack, Pepitas, Capers, and Raisins) with little cups of horchata. Good thinking.
6. From Fatty Crab: Nasi Lemak – Coconut Rice, Chicken Curry. They put a dab of this spicy dark red paste on the left side of the dish, I know not what it is called, but it is addictive.
6. …and this is Chopped Liver from Eisenberg’s. Oh, how I wish I was born Jewish.
That’s all for now, happy Wednesday!
Click HERE for the full Flickr Set from the event.